Global Education/Development Education
- An open panel discussion in town hall about development aid was open to all inhabitants.
- Moderated by a local journalist, the panel included MTO program director, project coordinator of Institute of Research on Civilizations and a volunteer from Salezjan Mission in Krakow.
- A series of interactive workshops were held in local schools by volunteers responsible for water projects at Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH). These were well received by school directors and far more interesting for kids than the panel discussion.
- The competition “Without water there is no life” was a huge success. 48 group projects were submitted from 12 schools. Very original awards were presented in Nowy Sacz Town Hall and included a grand prize of a class trip to the “Polish Sahara”, and other prizes such as fieldtrips to the hydro-electric power station in Czorsztyn, the mineral water plant “Kryniczanka” in Krynica, and the sewerage treatment plant in Nowy Sacz.
- “Lunch for Africa” was prepared at Splot High School to introduce inhabitants of Nowy Sacz to typical Kenyan cuisine. It also served to raise money for a PAH water project. It was attended by 90 persons and raised 470 PLN.
We gratefully acknowledge the RITA Program, the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the city of Nowy Sacz for their support of global education in the region.